Learned how to make rosettes in my Soft Furnishings class last week.
Amazed at how easy it is - all you do is -
- cut (or rip - I prefer the raw frayed edges) a strip of fabric - no specific size or length.
- Using double thread, stitch a loose running stitch along one edge (about 5mm from the edge works well).
- When you reach the end gently pull and gather the fabric the together - you will see how the rosette starts to take shape.
- When you are happy with the shape sew the ends together - I prefer to knot in the centre then stitch the two ends together to hide the gap.
- You can either add a button - or a smaller rosette, or a ribbon rosette, or a pom-pom - whatever you fancy.
- Maybe sew onto a scrunchy or a brooch or a bag or a jumper!! So many options - so little time!!